- 8 cups water, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry BBQ seasoning, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
- In a large container with a lid add 8 cups water, 3/4 cup salt, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the BBQ seasoning. Stir until well mixed. Add the chicken to the brine and refrigerate at least 2 hours and no longer than 4 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons dry BBQ seasoning.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with spice mix and transfer to a roasting pan. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the pan and put in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the meat reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes, loosely covered with foil. Enjoy!