- 1 ½ pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose (gluten-free) flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes, including juice
- 2 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans
- 2-3 cups kale
- 1-2 tablespoon Tabasco
- ½ cup water
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat in a large dutch oven or 8 quart stockpot.
- Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion to the pot. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion becomes tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice, garbanzo beans with juice, kale, Tabasco and water and stir.
- Nestle the chicken thighs with their juices in the tomato mixture, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until flavors have melded.