- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 c. Shredded lettuce
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Add onion and cook until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
4. Add chili powder, ground cumin, and paprika to beef mixture, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the peppers, cut side up, in the baking dish and spoon meat mixture into each pepper. Bake until the peppers are crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Top each pepper with lettuce and serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce, and lime wedges.