- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 1/2 cup fresh (non-GMO) corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or not!)
1. Preheat grill on high for 5 minutes.
2. Combine garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken.
3. Using long tongs, place chicken breasts on grill and cook, covered on high, 3 minutes. Flip chicken and continue cooking on high, 3 more minutes.
4. Reduce grill heat to low and flip chicken again. Cover and continue cooking, 3 minutes more. Flip chicken again and cook 3 more minutes on low, or until a meat thermometer reads 160° when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
5. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve relish over chicken.