Ryne Gioviano, Owner & Fitness Coach
After realizing that the traditional personal training model only got clients so far, Ryne realized there was a lot more he could do for his clients than taking them through exercise sessions. He wanted to provide them with a resource for optimizing their movement and physical health. A continual journey toward more and more knowledge led Ryne to study other areas health such as stress management, sleep, and nutrition.
- M.S.Ed. in Exercise Physiology from Northern Illinois University
- B.S. in Exercise Science from Northern Illinois University
- Certified Personal Trainer through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Nutrition Coach through Precision Nutrition
- Postural Restoration Institute Primary Courses
- Motivational Interviewing Coursework
Ryne is a frequent contributor to RECOIL and OFFGRID Magazines, covering topics related to the integration of fitness with firearms training and survival scenarios. In his spare time, Ryne enjoys reading, music, and spending time with his girlfriend and two dogs.
Kara Mason, Fitness Coach/Community Outreach
Kara has been in the fitness industry for 10 years, and has been able to work with a very broad range of clients from general population, to elderly, to athletes. She has a passion for building relationships with clients and providing them with a comfortable, yet challenging presence to push them to succeed.
- M.A. Leadership Development from North Central College
- B.S. Sport Management from North Central College
- Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
Kara has previously held the Wisconsin State Powerlifting Record in the deadlift, while also competing on a dance team for 16 years. In addition, she enjoys running and competes in 5k's all the way up to half-marathons. Outside of fitness, Kara enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and their two dogs, along with reading and cooking.
Cory O'Connor, Fitness Coach
- B.S. Exercise Science from Illinois State University
- M.S.Ed. Exercise Physiology from Northern Illinois University (In Progress)