- 6-8 medium sized skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2-3 tsp per drumstick-olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper power
- 1-2 tsp turmeric powder
- juice of 1 medium lime
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1-2 per drumstick-crushed cloves
- crushed black pepper to taste (can be used instead of cayenne pepper)
- 2-3 tsp crushed dried mint leaves
- 3 tbsp meat masala (a mix of spices like a 'rub' available in Indian stores)
Mix all the ingredients together to make the marinade.
You can taste the marinade before mixing it with chicken to make sure it has the desired taste. It should taste a little bit saltier and spicier than how you would want the chicken to taste as it will tone down after mixing with chicken and cooking. Once you are satisfied with the taste, coat all the drumsticks well with the marinade and let it rest in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours in a covered container or a ziploc bag.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start baking. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Line the drumsticks side by side on a baking sheet/pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Check for the color and done-ness and adjust the time accordingly. Once done take them out let them rest for about 5-10 minutes. Enjoy these warm with or without a dipping sauce.