- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 strips of thick-cut bacon (preferably nitrate free)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop.
- In the same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat
- Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown (8-10 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Toss bacon back into pan
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!