Is it too early in the year to bust out the crock pot? We don't care! This is an awesome recipe to make in bulk and free for later meals. Plus it's a crock pot recipe so, let's face it, it's really easy!
- 2-1/2 to 3 lb (1134 to 1361 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 to 4 tomatillos, husked and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ lb (227 g) Hatch chiles, diced*
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Fresh lime wedges and chopped cilantro, for garnish
*If you can't find Hatch chiles (they're seasonal to August/September) use regular green chiles or fine canned green chiles (two-4 oz. cans)
- Lay the chicken thighs into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the cumin, salt, coriander and black pepper. Toss the chicken to coat with the seasonings.
- Add the tomatillos, onion, green chiles and garlic.
- Cover the slow cooker and set on low for 5 hours.
- When the time is up, remove the lid and shred the thigh meat with two forks.